Being a lover of most Sci-fi things, I really wanted to have a go a modeling and rendering a Dalek. In 2010, the new Dalek 2010 'ipod' version hit our screens, so I couldn't resist the opportunity.
I started out with a basic dome and worked downwards. The eye and stalk were next to be modeled, boolean operations were used to create the stalk seating/holding area.
As this was a fairly new addition to Doctor Who, there weren't a lot of resources flying around, the best images were all on the BBC site. I used quite low res side-on images for scale and height adjustments.
In Layout I setup the scene and incorporated the 5 different color schemes, as seen in 'Victory of the Daleks'.